Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Chicken Pies

On a whim, I drove to Aloha Delicatessen & Bakery, located at Jalan Song. I was thinking of getting some chicken pies. Since I hadn't eaten them for some time, I wondered whether they were still as good as I remembered them.

Upon reaching the shop, I parked my car and ventured into the narrow bakery. I went straight to the warmer, where the pies were located. There were pies on the tray, and some were packed in cardboard boxes of 4. Each piece of pie was RM2.50. Immediately, I bought a few pieces for the folks at home.

Chicken pies, RM2.50

I reached home just in time for afternoon coffee break. I made myself a hot cup of coffee and quickly sat down to enjoy my pie.

One bite, and I was ecstatic. The pies were surely very yum. The pastry was buttery and crumbly. It disintegrated very easily so do handle with care. The filling was rich, creamy and moist, and I could chew on bits of chicken and carrots with each bite.

Second Aunt loved them lots. Dad liked it too. No comment from Mum. Lol .... but I was certainly glad that these pies maintained their high quality. Two days later .... I went back to the bakery and bought MORE. Yums. Highly recommended.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...