Friday, October 25, 2013

Lunch @ Bubblelicous City One Kuching

I'd been hearing a lot of people talking about the Taiwanese-style braised beef noodles and the braised pork rice sold here at Bubblelicious Taiwanese Cafe (玉到爱) at City One Kuching. This shop is located on the ground floor, at the far end corner just before the exit to the annex mall.

So I decided to go and try it. I was there before noon, and there weren't anyone manning the shop. However, there were a few tables already occupied with diners. Some were eating and others were waiting for their food. On a counter were many used bowls and cutlery stacked up. I would stay that the shop was understaffed at the time.

I stood at the cashier's perusing the menu ... and a lady came quickly to assist me. I could tell that she was busy, perhaps having to take orders, prepare the food in the kitchenette, serving, and so on. However, she was really polite and answered my clarifications nicely.

I ordered a regular bowl of braised beef noodles and a bowl of braised pork rice. Food was served about 10 minutes later.

Braised Beef Noodles, RM9.90
Wheat noodles were served in a hearty beef broth, topped with 5 large slices of beef, a chunk of carrots and chopped spring onions and Chinese celery. 

Well, this bowl of noodles was quite good, in fact. The texture of the noodles was light and springy. The clear beef broth was rather well-balanced in flavour. I quite enjoyed it. 

Braised Pork Rice, RM6.90
Ooo .... I just loved the look of this. It made me salivate. There were braised minced pork, half a braised hard-boiled egg and a heapful of salted vegetables. 

The braised pork tasted quite mild, in fact .... not heavily spiced. I would prefer if the salted veges were a bit sour .... I think that would complement the rice and meat better. The egg was yum, though.

Overall, we were quite satisfied with our meal here. Recommended, if you happen to be in Kuching. Lol. Mom even recommended it to Third Aunt. Third Aunt worked in Queen's. That's Ngiu Kee rebranded. Go check it out at the annex mall.

2 comments:

  1. oh heard about this but haven't tried it yet haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. well, do drop by to try when you're free. perhaps you will like it. :)) do let me know what you think.

    ReplyDelete

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...