Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Chicken Rice @ Ah Chiang Seafood

My friend AT eats here quite often, he says. The shop vendor would even look him up if he failed to show up. Lol. Another friend tells me that she loves the chicken rice here. And then, I always see this shop crowded with customers. So when there was opportunity the other day, my friend and I had lunch here.

I had the plain steamed chicken with my rice ... while my friend ordered a combination of braised soy pork and steamed chicken breast.

Our meats ...

Well, I did like the tender and juicy cut of meat on my platter, which had been flavoured with very fragrant light soy sauce and sesame oil. I needed just a bit of chilli dip to spice up the meat ..... and I was good to go. The think slivers of braised pork were totally infused with spices and fragrant soy gravy, and was delicious as well.

Because I felt cold in the tummy, I ordered a soup .... there were only two types of soup that day. Pork ribs with black bean soup or pork ribs with pickled Szechuan mustard. I opted for the later. 

Double boil soup, RM5.00

There were 3 pieces of pork ribs and 1 piece of chicken claws in the porcelain bowl. Besides the slices of pickled Szechuan mustard, there were some red dates in the soup too. Well, the clear soup was served boiling hot. I was glad that the flavour of the pickled Szechuan mustard did not come through too strongly. Ths soup was really tasty, and most importantly, it warmed my stomach.

Actually, I kind of look forward to eating here again!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...