Friday, November 22, 2013

Colourful Stirfry

Well, I supposed I was influenced by my friend who tended to include a lot of colours when she cooked. She wanted to make her food look appetising.

Hence, with my broccoli, carrots, mushrooms and chicken strips in hand, I decided make a vegetable stir-fry. I even cooked rice to eat with my vegetables.

Broccoli, carrot, mushroom and chicken

Sometimes, when I had the ingredients at hand, I could make it more even colourful!

Yellow corn, orange carrot, green beans and meatball

Then I went over the top ....

Glass vermicelli stirfry

Excess is not good. Lol ... when I put in too many types of ingredients into a dish, it turned out wrong. Lol. In this dish of glass vermicelli, I had 10 different types of ingredients :

  1. Garlic
  2. Red chilli
  3. Chinese sausage
  4. Meatball
  5. Fishball
  6. Chicken
  7. Leek
  8. Carrot
  9. Black fungus
  10. Shiitake mushrooms
Lol ....  there was too much of textures and flavouring, resulting in a confusing plate of noodles. :P Nonetheless, homecooking is the best! I knew exactly what I was eating, for one. And for another, there was less oil ... and I had my fill of vegetables. :P

No comments:

Post a Comment

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...