Saturday, November 30, 2013

Hail The Fruit Season

The rain did not deter us to venture outside. I had forgotten to bring an umbrella with me this trip .... and hence, I borrowed one from the hotel.

Immediately after class dismissed in the evening, a few of us headed to the Sibu Central Market. It was the largest market in Sarawak! Even though it was near 5 pm, there was a hive of activity there. What we loved the most was the fruits!!


 The market

There were so many durians! We walked around and surveyed the fruits and the prices. Cheap. 3 pieces sold for RM10.00. The vendor told us that the durians were from Kanowit. It was impossible to bring durian into the hotel, so what we did was to pay and ate there and then. Delicious indeed!

 So many durians at the market

Good quality durians at bargain prices

There were also lots of dabai!!

 Lots of dabai; the price depended on the grade. 

I did not buy the dabai as I did not have the means to prepare them here ... perhaps I would buy them to bring home. 

I could not resist the langsat and the mangosteen, though. 

Langsat at RM5.00 per kg, and mangosteen at only RM3.00; Darn cheap, if you asked me.

We also walked to the pasar malam .... 

 The Sibu Night Market site 

But because it was raining, the vendors started late; So we decided to head back .... 

The fruits provided a consolation to be here in Sibu ..... especially when I could indulge in good quality fruits at reasonable prices!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...