Thursday, November 7, 2013

Stone Bowl Rice & Tomato Rice Vermicelli

After exercise, my friend and I headed for dinner at X Cuisine. And we had

 My iced Milo
It was not as thick as I had wanted it to be, so ... it was not that enjoyable to drink. 

Pork chop & white rice in stone bowl
I found the rice to be a tad sticky. There were some shredded onions and capsicum in there, topped by deep-fried pork chop. I did not find much taste in the whole dish, except for the taste of the roasted nori shreds. Hmn .... I did not think they had improved the flavour since the last time I ate this back in 2010. 

Well .... take a closer look into the bowl .... 

 Stir-fried Rice Vermicelli in tomato sauce
My friend thought the noodles were too soggy. Well, it's because they used fine rice vermicelli noodles. It did have a smoky taste to it, meaning that it was well-fried. I found the sauce to be too starchy, though it tasted alright - sweet and sour and palatable. There were only a few wedges of tomatoes in there, and I preferred there to be some greens. They would indeed look appetising. I also thought the seafood was rather dismal in quantity. 

Well, service was alright, ambience was alright .... only the food left much to be desired, I would say.

1 comment:

  1. X Cuisine used to be my favourite haunt. I enjoyed its soup noodles with dunplings.

    ReplyDelete

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...