Monday, November 25, 2013

Curry Rice

This coffee shop was famous for its notorious treatment of customers. That was according to hearsay. But it did not deter me from dropping by. A popular dish here was the Curry Rice. Indeed, just a glance around the shop, and I could see almost everyone was eating it. People polished off everything on the plate too! For I saw empty plates, where people had finished eating.

So I ordered a plate of curry rice at RM5.00.

Curry Rice

Presentation wise, the curry rice really looked yummy. White rice had been spreaded out on a plate, and on top of the rice, there are 3 types of meat . Plain steamed chicken, BBQ pork or char siew, and braised pork belly. Then, curry gravy in a bright orange hue was doused over the meat ....

Taste wise, well .... the rice was sticky .... I suppose it sopped up the curry gravy better that way. I'd say that the meats tasted ordinary; but it was the curry gravy that held the whole dish together, and gave it that irresistible appeal - the curry gravy was indeed lemak - very rich. It was not too spicy, and was well balanced with flavour, and had good consistency.

Some people chose to have their curry gravy served in a separate bowl; and some people finished up their gravy and went back to ask for more ..... :P I would too.

Business was really good, so be prepared to wait a bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...