Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Dinner @ Hot Point Cafe & Restaurant

Three storeys high. The proprietor is a Singaporean. It is very packed during lunch and dinner times.

These were what my friend always told me. So finally, we went to eat there one evening. Well, it was a first time for me. My friend, on the other hand, had been at least seven times! It's her current favourite haunt.

We had ....

Samboi special cooler, RM4.50

Sea Honey Coconut, RM4.50

Both the drinks were yums ... the Samboi or plum drink was shiok ... as it was sweet and tangy; the sea honey coconut, on the other hand, was sweet and very pleasant indeed. 

To eat, we ordered .... 

 Thai Tom Yum Seafood, RM13.80
Well, the soup was spicy and sour enough, and were infused with lots of flavours of fresh herbs .... but then ... it did look very sorry with the minimal ingredients used. My friend thought she could cook me a better version. Lol. 

Singapore Fried Beehoon, RM5.50
Both of us did not like this dish which we found to be dry ..... and flavoured with curry.

Spring Chicken in Basket 16.80
This was our favourite of the night ... the chicken was well-marinated, and grilled till crispy ..... it was really yummy. 

Our total bill was RM45.10 ..... quite reasonable pricing. But then, there were some hits and misses where the food was concerned. :P I look forward to go back to try the MANY other items on the menu.

2 comments:

  1. temporary closed since a month or 2 ago until further notice. so you can't go back and try other dishes yet.

    ReplyDelete

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...