Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Nancy's Beef Noodles

Nancy has moved from 28 Food Centre. She is now located behind Kaya & Toast.

The menu now offers beef noodle soup, dry beef noodles with soup, seafood noodles, chicken curry with rice, assam seafood with rice, and laksa.

I think the quality of the food and the service is so much better now.

For one thing, it is not so crowded here as compared to 28 Food Centre. Hence, I did not have to wait as long as previously for my orders.

Spoons, chopsticks and saucers are now placed on the tables at diners' disposal. I remember at one time, they offered disposable chopsticks. I hated it, and often wanted to bring my own when eating there. Besides those eating utensils, so were the chilli sauce and limes placed on the tables. I could have as much as or as little as I like.

Quantity wise, the serving of the noodles seemed larger now. And the bowl of beef broth seemed more substantial, with lots of crispy beansprouts, tripe, tender slices of beef, garnished with chopped cilantro. I was disappointed that there were no beef balls which I liked a lot.

Dry beef noodles with a bowl of soup

Beef broth

The beef noodles were really good, and a set costs RM6.00.

I also ordered a laksa, RM5.00. It was good, but I still did not like the hard-boiled egg and the fish cake in there.

Sarawak Laksa

S**** and I were both flabbergasted that Laksa Special cost RM10.00 as stated on the menu. One day, we would want to come back and try it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...