Sunday, February 27, 2011

Gunung Mulu National Park

People tell me that Mulu is destination not to be missed. Those who have been there, return to sing praises of its spectacular natural landscape, especially its world-famous caves. Hence, Mulu has been a place that I have always wanted to visit, and opportunity arises this weekend when a few of my colleagues and I flew ourselves there.

The flight took only 30 minutes from Miri, on an ATR-72. Before I had even had the chance to make myself comfortable, the little plane had landed. Lol.


Mulu Airport

A signboard facing the airport to inform of the notable places in Mulu

We then headed straight for the Gunung Mulu National Park, the starting point of our caving adventures.

The signage looks like that of Niah National Park

The Park is located by the Melinau River.

Some longboats at the Park Jetty @ Melinau River

There at the Gunung Mulu National Park, we accommodated ourselves for two nights. After registration and payment at the Park HQ, we were shown to our rooms.

Park Headquarters

My colleagues and I put up in a chalet. It had 2 air-conditioned bedrooms with en-suite bathrooms. Each bedroom has 4 beds. There's also spacious living and dining areas and a kitchen.

Chalet

We had all our meals at the park cafeteria, Cafe Mulu, which was adjacent to the Park HQ.

Cafe Mulu

Inside Cafe Mulu

All I can say is that I truly enjoyed my short stay at Mulu. Will tell about the caves soon, do drop by some time to read ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...