Saturday, February 12, 2011

Pig Stomach Pepper Soup

As far as my memory would allow me to remember, Mom never ever cooks pig stomach.

But this Lunar New Year, Mom decided to cook pic stomach in a white pepper soup.

Blanched Pig Stomach Slices

The soup was of course rich and peppery, giving warmth all over. And at first, I was hesitant about eating the stomach slices. I looked at it apprehensively, not really sure if I would like it. I expected it to be chewy and rubbery, but indeed I was so very wrong! But the offal slices were really very tender and deliciously flavoured with white pepper. I liked the offal slices dunked generously in a garlic, ginger, chilli and vinegar dip.

Lol, after this, I may just request Mom to cook me Pig Stomach Pepper Soup every time I go home.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...