Sunday, October 9, 2011

Dinner @ Lok Thian Kuching

What a great weekend! It's not a norm for me to be in Kuching when it's not school holidays. I felt like I needed a short break, after 6 weeks of craziness at school. Hence, I decided to come home for the weekend. Many of my relatives were here this weekend too, for the occasion of my cousin's wedding and it was sure great to catch up with them.

Well, I did not make it back in time to witness the wedding ceremony, but I attended the wedding banquet at Lok Thian, one of the oldest and most renowned Chinese restaurants in Kuching. Of the many dishes that were served that night, my favourite were the Roasted Suckling Pig, and the Mango Mochi.

Roasted Suckling Pig

The meat was cut into neat slices, and they were tender and tastily marinated. The skin was trimmed of fat and were very crispy. The suckling pig was served with a dark sweet sauce.

The head made the dish looked rather barbaric. Many left them uneaten, but some of my uncles loved to chew on the tender cheeks.

Mango Mochi

The skin was so soft that it was difficult to handle the dumplings. That was why they were served in tiny foil cups. Inside each ball was whipped cream and fresh mango dices. I thought the combination was rather unique. The mango gave the mochi a very refreshing taste. What a great end to the meal.

Congratulations to my cousin, YTH and his new wife S****. Wishing you happiness for all your lives.

1 comment:

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...