Monday, October 24, 2011

Dinner @ Meng Chai Seafood

It was about 7.45 p.m. and the place was packed with customers. My friend and I weaved the tables and found ourselves seated inside the restaurant itself. Our orders for drinks were taken immediately. But no one seemed to be interested to take our order for food.

"Are we invisible?" My friend asked.

"Maybe they are not interested in us. How much can 2 girls eat?" I quipped.

Minutes went by and still no one came. The workers were superbly busy walking back and forth, dishing out steaming hot dishes, serving rice, drinks and so on. Not a single one of them bothered to give us a glance.

Thank goodness we managed to flag down someone in the end. We ordered ....

Grilled Sardine
The sardine was fresh, sweet. Grilling gave it a smoky taste. Highly recommended. I loved to eat the sardine with sambal.

The sambal here at Meng Chai is superb. Squeeze in some lime and it's even good enough to eat with plain rice!

Steamed prawns
The prawns were fresh, sweet, firm. They were served with a chilli dip.

The sweet and tangy chilli and garlic dip for the prawns.


Stir-fried Cangkuk Manis with Egg
This dish is moist and very tasty, one of the best that I'd eaten.

The bill came to RM62.00 inclusive of drinks. I thought it was reasonable. A great place to have great seafood if you are here in Miri.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...