Monday, October 31, 2011

Mega Hotel : Convocation Dinner 2011

I'm done with my Convocation Dinner for this year. What a relief for it has caused me tremendous stress for the past 2 weeks. So much so that it affected my digestion. I had stomach problems for more than a week! To relieve stress, I'd pamper myself in various ways - like going for a full body massage, facial, pedicure and hair wash! Lots of money spent there, but they made me feel so much bettter! Phew!

This year, I'm extremely grateful for my kids, especially the girls who were very efficient in organising the event. They produced their own working committee, liaised with the hotel, drew up the programme, booked the hall, decided on the menu, collected the money, paid the deposit, hand-made the door gifts, bought the souvenirs, arranged the seating plan, wrote the emcee script, arranged for the rehearsals, designed the backdrop, printed the programme booklet. They were also constantly reminding me of things I had to do.

"Teacher, have you asked the Principal for the foreword?"
"Teacher, have you checked the programme booklet?"
"Teacher, have you faxed the VIP speech?"
"Teacher, have you ordered the gift basket?"

Lol!!! Thank you girls! I love you all. You've been the best committee that I've worked with!!

Me & the kids
~ Love you all ~

This year, the kids requested to have their Convocation Dinner at Mega Hotel Miri. My school seldom hold our functions there, for reasons unknown to me. However, I was quite happy with last night's food and of course, the service.

Five Seasonal Hot & Cold Dish Combinations
Well, I was too distracted to remember how the little morsels of food tasted like. But since I ate everything on the plate, it would be safe to say that they were yum. Lol. Plus, I was happy that they bothered to dress up the plate. It indeed made the food look appetising.

Seafood Thick Soup
The soup had good consistency, and I could the bits of stuff in there, i.e. the crab meat.

Lotus Court Fried Rice
My girls said this is a signature dish. It did taste alright - savoury with a hint of peppery flavour.

Baked Fish With Veronique Sauce
I liked the fish, but what a miserable portion it was.

Rosemary Roasted Chicken With Mushrooms
The chicken was tender and succulent, and the sauce was rather creamy. I liked this dish.

Zhejiang Lamb Ribs
I liked the mini steamed bun served with the lamb, it being fragrant and soft. The lamb was tasty but it was a bit tough.

Broccoli With Taukan
There were big slices of the beancurd sheet which were springy, some fish maw, mushrooms and broccoli in a sauce.


Mixed Fresh Fruits

Well, it was a successful event for which I'm so very glad. Now is the time for the kids to concentrate in their coming exam. Good luck, kids!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...