Monday, February 8, 2016

Happy Chinese New Year 2016

Well, this year, my family isn't celebrating, as a mark of respect to my late Grandmother's passing las May. However, we did make some usual CNY goodies for our own consumption.


After making the nastar pineapple rolls successfully, I decided to make more, experimenting with the recipe by Indochine Kitchen. I referred to this very useful table whom Bake For Happy Kids had kindly produced ....

Source : http://www.bakeforhappykids.com/2015/01/searching-for-best-nastar-pineapple.html

But somehow, the pastry dough was too soft. Though I could pipe it out, I couldn't roll it without breaking the pastry. So in the end, I decided to make them into balls ....

Taste wise, the pastry was very yummy - it had the melt-in-the-mouth texture. Looks wise, hmn ... I baked for about 20 minutes ... and it looked a bit browned. I really need to dilute the egg mixture I used for the egg wash.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...