Monday, February 15, 2016

My CNY Celebration

So how's life and how's everyone doing? And so I went to KL to join my parents, my brother, sil and my little nephew, Berry for CNY.

Homemade and handmade by me :))
I brought 3 jars of cookies for my family in KL .... 
London Almond, Salted Egg Cookies which were trending on Instagram, and Pineapple Nastar Rolls; glad that everyone loved and enjoyed the cookies; next time I'd make MORE :)) 

Our reunion dinner this year ... 
This year, we had a homecooked meal, prepared by Mom and Sil. Only 6 dishes, yet ... we could not finish the food because there were so few of us.

Pineapple Fried Rice 
On the first day, I cooked Pineapple Fried Rice for everyone for brunch; glad that everyone found it palatable. Even little Berry had a plateful! :))

KL was all quiet during CNY for many have gone back to their hometowns for the celebrations or for short getaways ... 

I watched the lion dance performance at Midvalley Mega Mall one evening ....  

On the third day, my family and I headed to Muar ..... that's where Sil's grandpa is staying, so we paid him a visit. We were treated to a meal at a seafood restaurant at Parit Jawa.

Here, we could look out to the sea - apparently the Straits of Malacca  

We put up at KSL Hotel and Resort ..... 

Entrance to the Dinosaur-themed Water Park
Little Berry enjoyed playing here ....

I managed to buy a pair of hot pink Nike at the Ayer Keroh R & R .... 

Little Berry said my shoe was "not nice" and asked me to "put back". Lol. But I didn't listen to him and bought it anyway. Because I had my shoe, Bro and I hit the gym at the hotel! It's been a while since I worked out, so I quite enjoyed it.

I didn't go to many places ..... Bro brought us to Country Home, a huge developmental project at Danga Bay. I love the landscape here.


Looking out across the straits of Johore. Singapore is right across!

Many restaurants were closed during the festival, so we managed to have a meal at Ah Koong's Pure Fishball Restaurant.

This deep-fried fish cake is a signature item here. I loved its bouncy texture lots!

Dry-tossed Mee Pok
Aromatic & tasty noodles, with bits of deep-fried pork rind for extra flavour

The noodles were served with a bowl of soup, loved it too!

The next day, we had lunch at Restoran Pekin. I was quite impressed with the food here. Among some of the items we had were .. 

Lemon chicken 

Buttered Prawns 

Yam Basket 

Stir-fried Asparagus

After lunch, we headed back to KL. Of course, we stopped by JPO on the way. I bought 3 blouses at Esprit. The drive back was rather smooth, as we reached KL by dinner time. Dinner was at Sushi Zanmai at IOI City Mall. I loved this Wafu Salad with the house dressing .... 

Yummy! I'd order this the next time I visit Sushi Zanmai! 

I flew back the very next day ....

Brunch on at 10.50 a.m. flight ....
Looked sorry, right? I had a few bites and gave up. I did not like it. 






No comments:

Post a Comment

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...