Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Back To Work

Today is my third day in school, despite it being the second week of the academic year. Today, I was suddenly enthusiastic about work. I feel more positive and more enthusiastic, and am really driven to teach my students and to teach them well.

This morning's lesson was great too! Perhaps the number of students in the class is now smaller and it is not difficult to command the attention of every student. I vow to help the students relate to the subject matter they listen to, speak about, read and write about - even though the materials are very academic. Only then will it capture their attention.

There are plenty to do. I have to slot in "Research" for the Form 6 students. That is something new that I have to look into. According to my colleague who attended the Form 6 teachers' meeting on my behalf, Form 6 secondary schools in Sarawak and Sabah are left behind as we have yet carried out any.

According to the new Form 6 blueprint, each Form 6 teacher must carry out a research. And each student must have gone through the process of carrying out a research. I am much blessed as my Principal is an enthusiast in action research. No doubt he will help the teachers where they are lacking.

Anyway, back to work for the year, as my work with the exams officially concluded yesterday. I'm much relieved, and I do plan to do the best I can this year!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...