Monday, January 11, 2010

A Simple Homecooked Meal

I have not cooked a meal for a long time. It is too much of a hassle to cook for myself. And it is not easy to cook in small amounts. But most of all, I do not feel comfortable cooking under the watchful eyes of Miss B****. Making comments that make people cringe is her specialty.

This weekend, my housemates and I have the kitchen at our disposal. And hence, we decided to cook and eat together at home.

We went to the market to buy chye sim or mustard leaves and prawns. A quick stir-fry of chye sim with prawns and garlic is sufficient for us.

Stir-fried chye sim with prawns

My friend brought this barbecued sausage all the way from Kuching. I haven't eaten this kind of sausage here in Miri. My friend said it isn't available here in Miri, not like the way they make it in Kuching anyway. Apart from chopped liver, I do not actually know what are the ingredients that go into the sausage.

Barbecued sausage, coiled up in a Tupperware
Both my friend and I thought it looked kind of disgusting ;))

Sliced up barbecued sausage

Very simply, we fried some eggs too.

Eggs over medium

And there we had a simple and wholesome meal at home, which is quite a rare event ;).


No comments:

Post a Comment

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...