Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Late Dinner @ Rainforest Cafe

AT and I went to visit the newly-opened Permaisuri Imperial City Mall the other night .... and well, though the shops were not fully opened yet, I was excited to see labels like Skechers, Clarks, Esprit .... and of course, I do hope that more shops such as those will open soon, to end the deprivation of Miri shoppers ... saw a lot of familiar faces that evening. Lol. Maybe almost all of Miri was there ....

For the food and beverage scene, well, seeing Starbucks there really made me happy. It meant an alternative place to hang out ... lol. Other than that, there was Fullhouse, Old Town Coffee, My Chicken Rice Shop, Sajian Warisan ... just to name a few.

So the crowd was encouraging ... and there was a literal full house at the eateries .... and AT and I decided that we'd not eat at the mall.

It was already 9:30 p.m. .... and I hadn't wanted to eat except that AT had not had dinner and he preferred rice ..... and fortunately at that hour, there were some places still opened. One such place was Rainforest Cafe.

We ordered .....

Sea Cucumber Soup

Honeyed Pork
I loved the tenderness of the meat. Each think chunk was coated with a honeyed crust, and was crispy on the outside. Quite yum .... 

Baby French Beans
These baby French Beans were stir-fried with minced pork ... the vegetables were sweet and crunchy and tender .... 

I think this was a good place to eat, if one wanted a substantial meal ..... Rainforest Cafe is located at the Pacific Orient Hotel.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...