Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Marudi Bread

I have often heard people talk about the infamous bread from Marudi. But I had no chance of eating it. I had not been to Marudi before.

The other day, AT and I were talking about him going to Marudi ... and I involuntarily asked him to buy me a loaf. He agreed without hesitation. That was quite a few weeks ago ... and I did not actually think he would remember. But today, surprisingly, he sent the bread right all the way to my doorstep. Thanks so much.

What a beautiful loaf of bread .... 

Well, first of all, this loaf of bread is really long, and had been baked to a perfect shade of brown. It retained its shape, even though it had travelled that far by air ... 

The texture was also good - light and soft but not cottony, dense but not hard. And there was this very fragrant aroma of wheat that permeates this freshly baked bread.

I bit into a slice and enjoyed its the chewy texture and its delightful taste. The more you chewed, the tastier it became. Bring that cup of black coffee .... and enjoy it with the bread. :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...