Saturday, January 1, 2011

Blessed New Year 2011

The firecrackers
Puncture the stillness of the night
To remind all
Of a new beginning

Before I take the inevitable step forward
I stop at this juncture
And look back for the last time
To bid goodbye
To all that has gone by
The good times I cherish
The grievances I pray I can let go

I peer ahead
Braving myself to walk on
Anticipating all that is to come
And keeping my fingers crossed
For a blessed year ahead.

May love and happiness,
Health and wealth,
And only all things good
Prevail.

Wishing my family, my friends, my colleagues, my students,
my acquaintances, my readers,
and all who stumble across this blog
a
Happy New Year 2011.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...