Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Claypot Chicken Rice And Other Things

Say Claypot Chicken Rice, and I picture steaming hot white rice cooked in a claypot and garnished with marinated soy chicken, slivers of chinese sausages and salted fish.

However, when the claypot was set in front of me the other day at Ming Xin Cafe at Jalan Hilltop, I realised that I had misinterpreted the menu. Lol.

Claypot Chicken Rice

Apparently, here at Ming Xin Cafe, Claypot Chicken Rice refers to pieces of chicken, button mushrooms and assorted vegetables stewed in a claypot, and served with a plate of white rice. I was disappointed that it wasn't what I expected it to be.

The best thing about the stew was that it was boiling hot, so it was quite easy to stomach. The gravy tasted of soy & oyster sauce. The stew was alright, really.

We ordered a small plate of roast duck to share. It was rather tough and I chewed till my jaw ached. Lol.

Roasted duck

For vegetables, I opted for a portion of Stir-fried Cangkuk Manis. It did not look appetising, and tasted rather ordinary. The vegetables were a bit hard too.

Stir-fried Changkuk Manis

We were served with a small bowl of creamy egg soup. The soup was nice.

Creamy Egg Soup

Well, that was a quick lunch for us the other day, before we went back to busy ourselves with work.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...