Friday, January 21, 2011

Lor Mee @ Thian Ho

Thian Ho at Pujut Corner has a new signage. It looks kinda classy, imo. So if you drive past Pujut Corner, do remember to look at the sign.

Other than that, this modest little shop is still the same. The service is still so darn slow as there were scores of diners, even on a cold rainy evening. To my annoyance, I waited some 30 minutes before my food arrived. By the time it came, all my friends had finished theirs. Hmn.

Anyway, I ordered Lor Mee the other day.


Thian Ho uses thick yellow egg noodles for this dish. The gravy is starchy, but I quite like the sour taste due to the generous use of malt vinegar. Somewhere in this bowl of noodles is some pork slices and two or three prawns.

I don't care much for the noodles, so in the end, I drank up the gravy and left the noodles behind. Lol.

Well, I don't think I've had much experience with Lor Mee. The only other time I'd eaten it was at Good Taste. Hence, can't say that I'm crazy over noodles cooked in this manner. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...