Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Old Town Instant White Coffee

I need a cup of hot coffee to start my day. And now that it's been raining endlessly, coffee is a must. There's just something about a hot cup of coffee on a cold day. It makes me feel warm and comfy.

And for so long, I've been drinking Cafe 21, so now I'm a little bit bored. I mean, I still like Cafe 21. But it's just that I'm kinda bored with drinking the same thing every day. Plus, my stock has run out. It is not sold at Ta Kiong that day when I was there. So I have yet gone to other supermarkets to check it out.

Anyway, when we talked about coffee the other day, Aunt recommended me Old Town 2 in 1 White Coffee.


Each sachet is 25g and is supposed to be diffused in 180ml of hot water. Whilst each Cafe 21 sachet is only 12g, to be diluted in 150ml of water. Nescafe Gold, on the other hand, is packed in a 20g sachet and to be added to 180 ml of water.

The point here is that, an Old Town sachet certainly makes a thick cup of coffee that gives me instant gratification. Compared to Cafe 21, Old Town 2 in 1 is slightly sweeter, due to the glucose content in the creamer. Hence, there is no need to add any sweetener.

Price wise, Old Town is of course more expensive. I bought a 15 sachet pack at Jusco Maluri for RM11.90. In Kuching, the same pack sells for RM13.90. But here in Miri, the price ranges from RM13.90 to RM14.60. That makes it almost RM1.00 per sachet.

Well, I am sure glad to have found another brand of instant coffee that I like :)).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...