Monday, February 8, 2010

Airflown Subway

First of all, I want to congratulate my friend, S**** for receiving an achievement award from her company. I guess all the hard work paid off in the end, right?

S**** was flown all the way to KL to receive her award. And on her way home, she decided to buy some sandwiches for dinner ;-).

Unfortunately, her flight was delayed. So our dinner turned to supper. Lolx.

My airflown sandwich

Unwrapped

S**** got us custom-made roast beef sandwiches. Custom-made because she picked and choose the ingredients that went into the sandwiches. She bought them in the afternoon, at about 4 p.m., and so the sandwiches had to last a few hours before it reached us. Condiments were also a no-no, as they would just make the whole sandwich soggy.

Yum

It was at least 8 hours before I got the sandwich. S**** chose the oregano and cheese bread. In it, there were roasted beef, cheese, lettuce and tomatoes, spiced up with freshly ground black pepper. The combination was awesome!! The roasted beef were sliced paper thin, and were tasty. The cheese rich and salty. The pepper spicy and robust. The vegetables fresh and crispy.

I must say that this is a one of the best cold sandwiches that I've eaten for a long time! Anybody going to KL? Can you help me buy a sandwich? ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...