Sunday, February 14, 2010

First Day CNY 2010

What's New Year without food? This morning, I had a breakfast of beef noodles. Mom made it, and honestly, I think it's as good as Nancy's. Real yum.

Mom's beef noodles

After breakfast, we went to Grandma's.

Grandma was ill. She was not well enough to get out of bed. It was a big deal, for she was always there to greet us for as long as I remember.

This year, I wished Grandma a happy new year in her bedroom. She saw me come and made an effort to sit up. Poor Grandma. I hope she will be okay soon.

After Grandma's, we visited relatives. Every house has the usual cakes and cookies, tidbits and candies.

Cakes that look good and taste good

Aunt A****** bought this very special cookie from Singapore. It is made of green peas. It's not too sweet, and it had the delicious flavour of the peas. Best of all, it melted in the mouth. I like this cookie lots.

Green pea cookies

Some people really go all out to serve their guests who visit them. Second Aunt made steamed yam cake with topping. It's a five-star yam cake, real tasty and flavourful.

Aunt's homemade steamed yam cake

Second Aunt even made deep-fried prawn fritters and deep-fried mini meat rolls. Yum.

Deep-fried prawn fritters

Deep-fried mini meat rolls

The star item of the day has to be this :


Will talk more about it tomorrow. Stay tuned. ;)))

No comments:

Post a Comment

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...