Thursday, February 25, 2010

A Japanese Dinner

We celebrated S****'s birthday dinner at Nikko Japanese Restaurant at Piasau Business Park here in Miri.

There were no rules to the dinner. We just ordered what we liked to eat.

And so there were :

Salmon Skin Salad

I had liked the crispy salmon skin, but I think the quantity used in the dish was too little ;). The salad was quite yummy. The vegetables were fresh and crisp, and the soy-based sauce complemented it quite well. Salmon Skin Salad was RM12 per serving.

Salmon Temaki

The temaki is a must for me whenever I visit a Japanese haunt. The 2 salmon slices were reasonably thick. The temaki here was pretty standard. It was RM6.00 each.

Ebiko Sushi

A**** ordered the Ebiko Sushi as she liked the crunchy texture of the ebiko. A serving was RM8.00, and I thought that it was really exorbitant!

Salmon Maki

The salmon maki was also RM8.00. We ordered 2 servings,

Unagi Maki

and another serving of Unagi Maki, which cost RM12.00.

Seafood Fried Rice

I liked the Seafood Fried Rice, which was RM4.50 per serving. It has dices of salmon, and shrimps among other ingredients.

Tempura Moriwase


Eggplant tempura

We ordered a mixed seafood and vegetables tempura platter. I liked the prawns which were quite sweet. My friends liked the eggplant tempura more than the other items, and so we requested for a platter of eggplant tempura. The restaurant was kind enough to oblige. A serving of Tempura Moriwase was RM26.00. While the eggplant tempura was RM18.00.

We ordered Shishamo too. A serving of 4 little fishes was RM16.00.

Shishamo

Kaki Teppanyaki or Oyster Teppanyaki was another item we tried. It seemed to me oysters in omelette in a sauce. I did not think whole oysters were used, though the taste of oysters were evident. It was RM32.00 a platter.

Kaki Teppanyaki

Mochi was our dessert. There were 4 baked mochi in a bowl, filled with sweet adzuki beans. The mochi was crispy on the outside and chewy on the inside. A**** loved the burnt bits as they were really crunchy. The mochi and the adzuki beans went quite well, except that I found it rather sweet.

Mochi

For the 4 of us, the bill came to RM190.oo.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...