Saturday, February 27, 2010

A Refreshing Pit Stop

It is a really hot day, so my friend, S**** and I dropped by a cold drinks centre near our house for a refreshing dessert and some snacks.

Tang's Hot & Cold Drinks Centre faces Jalan Pujut 2c. It relocated here some time last year. It used to be at Jalan Jee Foh.

Both my friend and I ordered the ABCs, tailored to our liking. S**** liked only one ingredient in her ABC at a time. So today, she ordered grass jelly and coconut milk in her shaved ice. While I liked red beans with corn kernels and milk in mine. The ABCs were RM2.00 per bowl. In case you do not know, ABC stands for Air Batu Campur or mixed shaved ice.

My bowl off ABC

I liked the fishballs here. There were fried to a golden perfection and were really yum with the homemade chilli sauce. 3 pieces sold for RM1.20 here.

Deep-fried fish balls

Chilli sauce

Today, we tried the sotong kangkung. The water spinach was blanched and cut and arranged at the bottom of the plate, and topped with thick pieces of cuttlefish. A brown sauce, together with a chilli sauce, was poured over the plate. Finally, chopped peanuts were sprinkled all over. The consistency of the sauce of just right. It was neither too salty nor too sweet. Not bad at all. For RM5.00, the portion was quite generous too.

Sotong kangkung

So if you feel that you need to quench your thirst on hot day like this, do drop by the corner shophouse at Pujut 2c for a refreshing pit stop!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...