Sunday, November 7, 2010

Cleaning Up My Wardrobe

Mom keeps a lot of old things at home - outdated textbooks, old clothes, old kitchen utensils, and so on and so forth. I tell Mom to throw away all those stuff. But she keeps saying that she may need them some time later. I think Mom has a tendency to hoard. But so have many people out there.

I surely do not wish to be like Mom. Hence, from time to time, I force myself clear out my wardrobe. Many women's magazines provide guidelines to declutter the close. Basically, clothes that have not been worn for a year or more should be thrown out. One should also remove items that do not fit anymore.

Hence, this morning, I went through my closet to pick out unwanted clothes. Some are worn, but there are two brand new pieces in the lot which I had never worn ever!


So what do people generally do with those discarded clothes? Well, I know of a few friends who would give them away to close friends and relatives who do not mind hands-me-down and are able to fit into those shirts and blouses. Some would give them to the underprivileged.

This time, my clothes would go to the church, where they would be collected and distributed to longhouses in Selangau. I suppose the people there would find some use for the clothes. For me, it's just wonderful to have the closet cleared of clothes that I no longer wear.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...