Thursday, November 18, 2010

First Choice & Second Choice

New First Choice Restaurant at Pujut 5 is often very packed with customers. What's very good here is the curry fish.

The fish is first steamed and then doused with a thick curry gravy and then served in the claypot. Besides fish, there were sliced eggplant and okra.

Fish curry

The fish curry gravy was very thick - very lemak indeed. It was quite heavy with spices, not really fiery and just a bit tangy in taste. Highly recommended.

We also had the Deep-fried pork. It was another very good dish. The pork was well-marinated, and deep-fried to a golden perfection. As a result, it was savoury and crispy on the outside, and tender on the inside.

Deep-fried Pork

At the other side of the Pujut 5 shophouses is Lou Wai Lou, and we often dub it "Second Choice". Lol.

We were there on another occasion for dinner. We had cucumber and carrot pickles for appetiser.

Pickles

We ordered a Sea Cucumber Thick Soup. I forgot to snap a shot, but I assure you that it looks ordinary. ;p

We had Sweet and Sour Spare Ribs, Stir-fried Sweet Potato Leaves in Belacan, and also Deep-fried Oyster Mushroom in Butter Sauce.

Sweet & Sour Spare Ribs

Stir-fried Sweet Potato Leaves in Belacan

Deep-fried Oyster Mushroom in Butter Sauce

Well, I thought the food at Second Choice was not bad as well.The staff was quite amused that I was snapping photographs of the food. They did not believe me when I said I would post the pics online. Lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...