Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Dinner @ 99 Cafe

S**** and I went for dinner at 99 Cafe recently. I ordered Seafood Noodles, and the vendor lady warned me that there were no shrimps, in case I wanted to change my mind. Not knowing what else to eat, I told her to proceed with the order.

Well, the noodles came with fish slices and fishball halves and blanched crinkly mustard. The noodles tasted good, but they were a tad too dry.

Seafood noodles

S**** had dumplings. They looked kind of miserable, floating in clear broth. However, she assured me that the dumplings were good. Hmn. Must give them a try in the future.

Dumplings in soup

Besides that, we ordered some finger food from the stalls outside the shop. The barbecued chicken wings were RM2.00 each. The wings were ordinary, and the colour looked a bit artificial.

Barbecued wings

We also had deep-fried mushroom meatballs and miniature Taiwanese sausages.

Mushroom meatballs & miniature Taiwanese sausages

Hmn. I think I preferr the mushroom meatballs sold by the uncle in front of Yong Le Cafe, opposite 99 Cafe. It's just that the uncle starts his business quite late - 8.00 p.m. These ones sold here were a bit salty. The Taiwanese sausages were standard, though.

Well, there were a lot of people dining here every evening, and actually, I do not mind hanging out here to snack and catch up with friends. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...