Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Dinner @ Chicago 7

Well, the first thing I noticed about the guy who took my order was his nails. Gosh, they were longer than mine! To my common sense, anyone who works in F & B has to keep his/her nails trimmed. Hmn. How could his managers let him get away with long sharp nails. It's so unhygienic and it really puts me off!

Chicago 7 had a new outlet at Merdeka Mall here in Miri, and last night, S**** and I decided to have a meal there (despite the scary nails). We stood in front of the counter a long time, trying to decide whether to give it a try or not.

Frankly, the menu on display did not seem very tempting. After debilitating for a long time, we finally decided to go for it.

S**** ordered the Double Cheese Cow; we were both actually fascinated with the name. Lol. Cow? I ordered the Broaster chicken - which was supposed to be more tender, juicy and flavourful because they were cooked in a pressure fryer.

So how was the food? Well, S**** was not impressed with the burger. She thought the patties tasted like those frozen ones that can be easily brought from the supermarket. A thumbs down from S****.

Double Cheese Cow

The chicken, however, was alright. I told them I did not want breast meat, and at least they complied. They gave me a wing & a drum. At KFC, I told the girl I did not want breast meat. She said ok but gave one piece to me anyway. That KFC girl must have thought me stupid or something. Terrible, terrible. It happened to me twice at KFC already, and I've stopped going there for fried chicken.

Anyway, back to the Chicago 7 Broaster Chicken. Well, I must say that the chicken was not really that great, but it did taste alright. The chicken was served with coleslaw and mashed potatoes. I thought the coleslaw was too sour, but the mashed potatoes were quite nice.

Coleslaw

Mashed potatoes

Broaster Chicken Meal

Well, Chicago 7 is nothing to shout about, but it's alright if you just want to give the food a try.

1 comment:

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...