Friday, February 20, 2015

Oreo Cheesecake

Inid2tell's Oreo Cheesecake

I researched lots of websites to make a non-bake cheesecake for CNY. It did not seem too difficult to make. There were lots of different recipes and ingredients and measurements .... so I took stock of what I had at home and tweaked the recipe a little. The result wasn't bad at all, actually ..... and I had a chocolate-y, rich and creamy cake, that wasn't too sweet. :))

Since I wasn't quite used to making cakes .... I was a little clumsy in the kitchen and took a longer time than the experts. First, I pounded 2 packets of Orea cookies (its cream removed) finely. I used a mortar and pestle ... though I could easily choose to use the food processor. :P

Then I mixed the crushed Oreos with 70g of melted butter. I mixed it well and pressed it onto the base of a tin. I refrigerated the base while I made the cheese topping.

For the cheese topping, I used the cake mixer to beat 250g of cream cheese with 50g of sugar, before adding in 60g of cream, 10g of gelatine (diluted in 30ml of warm water). When well mixed, I crumbled another packet of Oreos (with its cream removed also) and folded it in. I poured the mixture atop the base and refrigerated for 24 hours.

Phew! Done. And that's my contribution to the CNY goodies at home. :))

Sil, on the other hand, made some very cute sheep cookies. She used the German cookie recipe ... 

Very cute baa baa sheep cookies ... 

And spent a whole lot of time decorating it .... :))

Happy CNY of the goat! 

4 comments:

  1. You are so talented. I haven't made my favourite lemon cheesecake. Too lazy. Prefer to sleep.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hee sintaicharles, it does not take a lot of talent to make the cheesecake. But Sil's sheep cookie requires some creative skills and lots of patience. :))

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can never make a cheesecake without the presence of my mum. Ai always have an issue with the measurement of gelatins powder. The sheep biscuit looks too cute for eating.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I used a digital weighing scale, and I could get exact measurements of the ingredients. The sheep biscuit was a huge hit with children and adults alike. :P

    ReplyDelete

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...