Sunday, February 22, 2015

Yummy Pork Chop Noodles

It's the fourth day of the Lunar New Year, and One Kopitiam is abuzz with people, even though the stalls charge special prices for the food. A regular bowl of Kolo Mee, for example, was RM4.50 and even then, the noodles were all sold out, and only rice vermicelli was available. All the stalls seemed so busy dishing out plates and bowls of food for the hungry crowd.

The man ordered the nasi lemak ....

Nasi lemak, RM6.00

I had this before and did not like it. The man ordered it because there wasn't much else to eat ..... and I think the price was not RM6.00 before .... it was either RM4.50 or RM5.00 .... so CNY made it OK for a surcharge of RM1.00 to RM1.50. :P 

I myself went around the stalls twice .... I nearly gave up  until I checked out one of the two stalls at the corner, selling Taiwanese food. I saw that they had this pork chop with rice or noodles ..... so I chose to have mine with noodles. 


Pork chop noodles, RM7.00


Wheat noodles were blanched a bit too long, resulting in them being slightly soggy. The braised minced pork was quite tasty .... slightly savoury and sweet, so it was nice to eat with the noodles. What I liked was the pork chop .... so tender and and tasty! I shared my noodles with the man ... and he liked it too. :))

Food prices should be back to normal again soon, I think ... :))

No comments:

Post a Comment

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...