Sunday, March 1, 2015

Cafe Cafe Jalan Song

Day 10 of CNY. I'm a bit under the weather this weekend .... cold and sore throat, probably from consuming too much of CNY goodies. So greedy of me. Lol. Yesterday, I was drugged and in bed the whole day, but today, I am up and about. I feel better .... though not fully recovered yet.

After church and it's back to Cafe Cafe for lunch, but this time at the branch at Jalan Song. Cafe Cafe is known for its huge portions of food ..... so we did not order much.

 Hot tea, RM6.00 each
The man opted for green tea, and I had the lemon grass tea.

Grilled Lamb Chop With Mint Vinaigrette, RM28.00 

3 reasonably large pieces of lamb, marinated with herbs and grilled ..... The man and I both thought the meat was a tad salty. It was nicer when dipped into the mint vinaigrette, to offset the saltiness. The broccoli was fine, but the potato salad was lacking of taste. I think I prefer Wakakakaka's lamb chop which both looked and tasted more pleasant.

The interiors of the shop was modern, classy and elegant. It was a bit dim inside, and during this festive season, was decorated with bright red lanterns. The lunch crowd was surely large on a Sunday .... Nice place to hang out, though. :))

2 comments:

  1. Welcome back .. I missed your blog! Hope you feel better now.
    Cafe cafe at Jalan Song - Is is somewhere around Preccint 88?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jonsey, I'm feeling fine ... Cafe Cafe is located at Brighton Square, just next to Sunway College. Right opposite City One.

    ReplyDelete

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...