Friday, March 27, 2015

A Long Day ....

My day started at 4.30 a.m. when I climbed reluctantly out from the bed .... I got ready for work and then sent my parents to the airport so that they could catch an early flight to KL. Then I was off to work.

My students and I waited and waited and waited at the kiosk in front of the school for our bus. But it didn't come. You'd think that I did not book the bus. But nope, I did. I vividly remember the school clerk informing me last week that the bus was confirmed.

So why didn't it come? Well, after some investigating, we found out that there was a miscommunication at the transport company .... resulting in them not readying a bus for us. They quickly sent us a van .... and because there were so many of us, it took 3 trips to bring us to location. Each trip took half an hour ... and so we were an hour and a half late for our rehearsal.

Despite the unfortunate incident, the kids charmed during practice. Lol. They weren't perfect, just charming. Afterwards, we quickly bundled them up, brought them back to school, and camped in the auditorium for the final practice. There was much tweaking and last minute changes. The kids practised hard ......... and by the time we finished, it was already 5.30 p.m. It had been a looong day, and everyone was tired. Traffic was heavy and jam was everywhere, but I had to send a student home ..... and by the time I got back to the house, the man was already there ..... it's the first time he had to wait for me ... Lol.

Hot and Spicy Glass Noodles, RM6.00

"That's not something I would order .... " the man said, looking into my bowl of hot and spicy glass noodles.

"Why not?" I asked.

"It's dangerously red. And oily," he explained, as I tucked into the noodles ....

Well, I had order the noodle dish from a stall at Premier 101. It's located outside The Best Corner, just next to the fruit stall.

"Wanna try some?" I asked him.

Of course, he shook his head profusely. "They look scary," the man said. He did not eat spicy stuff ... Lol.

"There're only 3 things I don't like about this noodle," I told him. "The polystyrene bowl, the disposable cutlery, and that it's got no meat in it."

In actual fact, the noodles tasted good! Do not be fooled by the dark red broth! It wasn't spicy, just numbing. It was also pleasantly tangy ... the flavour coming from malt vinegar? Not sure, actually.

Ingredients used were glass noodles, shredded seaweed, roasted peanuts and topped with Chinese celery. And it was in fact, not meatless .... but there was a miserable chunk of minced pork in the dish. So it'd make me happier if there were some meat in this dish. :P

No comments:

Post a Comment

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...