Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Predictable Man

Every time the man mentioned going to ABC Food Court for lunch, it meant that he needed to go to the bank afterwards.

How do you know? he asked me one time during lunch when I enquired whether he needed to drop by Public Bank, which was just opposite the food court.

Duh, I rolled my eyes. He was so predictable.

Today was one such occasion. Today I was very hungry. But the chicken rice guy skipped my order so that the ladies who came after me were served first. I wasn't happy about that at all but what to do? Sigh ....

 Salad Chicken Rice, RM4.50 

The fried chicken was actually very yummy. The meat was juicy and tender, and well-marinated, the skin very crispy. The rice was fragrant, savoury and fluffy and I liked the sweet and tangy pickles too. I didn't really care much for the salad dressing, the baked beans and the chili sauce though. They could really be done away. Salted vegetable soup accompanied the rice. 

I also ordered a plate of rojak from the stall just next to the chicken rice stall. This stall was operated by two very young and pretty ladies .... 

Rojak, RM3.00

The rojak had slices of cucumber, jicama, pineapples and sliced tofu. They were cut and mixed with the rojak paste and then sprinkled with chopped roasted peanuts. The rojak paste here wasn't commendable .... simply because it wasn't stinky enough. I think a good rojak paste should pack the pungent flavour of shrimp paste. This one wasn't substantial enough, but was more on the sweet side.

The man had rice and soup .... and then we left predictably for the bank. Duh.

3 comments:

  1. I have not had salad chicken rice for ages. Same with Rojak.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This stall also sells steamed chicken with rice, fried chicken with rice (without the salad dressing and baked beans and the sauce).

    ReplyDelete

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...