Thursday, March 5, 2015

Mee Suah @ Foochow Cafe

What's best to eat at the Foochow Cafe? Of course, I'd choose to have the Foochow Mee Suah with red wine.

 Red coloured chicken soup

The bowl was huge and I let out a gasp as it was set before me. It was filled near to the brim of the bowl, hiding the fine wheat noodles, the chicken and poached egg too ... 

After a few slurps of the soup, you can finally see the other stuff .... 

Love :
1) The portion was generous. There were 2 large pieces of chicken in the soup, lots of noodles.
2) The noodles were not overcooked and were fine and smooth.
3) The soup was served piping hot.

Not so love :
1) The soup had added flavouring - meaning that there were lots of msg used. I was thirsty for a long time after lunch.
2) There wasn't enough red rice wine, even though the chicken and soup looked red.

Verdict :
Homecooked mee suah is still the best!

Price :
Not sure, as I did not pay for it. :P

Foochow Cafe is located behind ABC Food Court at Jalan Chan Bee Kiew.

2 comments:

  1. What livid red colour, belying its insufficient flavour!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Over-flavoured actually! With too much of msg!

    ReplyDelete

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...