Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Sate Boss

I want to eat satay, the man declared.

We walked along the food stalls at Premier 101. The first satay stall (nearer to the Choice Premier Supermarket) was still closed at 6 p.m. The second stall was called Sate Boss. It was in operations already .... behind the stall, I glimpsed four youngsters seated around a square plastic tables and playing with their smartphones. We walked past the stall and walked further down the alley, and there was another satay stall just outside The Best Corner, operated by a Chinese vendor. 

The man decided to turn back to Sate Boss. 

Chicken and beef satay, RM0.70 per stick; the rice cubes were RM.60 per block

The peanut sauce

I'd say that the man made the correct decision .... because the satay was very good. The meat was tastily marinated and grilled - resulting them being very flavourful and tender. The peanut sauce was of orange hue and so it was rather spicy. I liked that the peanuts were not too finely ground, so it had a bit of texture. The sauce also had a good consistency, The man tucked into the satays happily ... 

In retrospect, I did not tell the man that I did not like the satay sold by the Chinese vendor; had he decided on eating there just now, I would have protested vehemently. Lol. But he made the right decision in choosing Sate Boss. Next time, the man wanted to try the lamb satay ... :P


2 comments:

  1. I should drop by Satay Boss the next time I come to Kuching. In Miri my family always orders from Madley's. The meats are tender and well-marinated. At one time I had beef and lamb satays at Taman Kereta but they were full of unchewable gristle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have you eaten at the food street at Premier 101 at nights? Not everything is nice there, though.

    ReplyDelete

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...