Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Weekend Brekkie

It had been a crazy busy week, and I was glad that weekend had approached. I could get up a bit later than usual, and had my brekkie in front of the tv. Lol. Hadn't done this for a while .....

Breakfast 
Half a steamed bao and a cup of hot peppermint tea 

The other day, Second Aunt bought for me 2 pieces of this giant steamed meat bao from Sin Kwang Foochow Bao. The baos are so huge that I only needed to eat half a piece each time. Today, the bao pastry was dense, but fragrant and soft, just the way I liked it. And the filling was a compact ball of very well-seasoned minced pork and crunchy vegetables .... the filling complemented the plain pastry, coming together perfectly. It was a great breakfast, thanks to Second Aunt who was so thoughtful and generous. :))

Sunday. With the roasted chicken breast that Mom had kept for me in the freezer, I thawed and shredded the meat, added some pepper and mayonnaise onto the chicken and mixed well ..... and I had my favourite chicken salad sandwich for breakfast.

Yummy ,,,, chicken salad sandwich with a cup of hot peppermint tea .... 


4 comments:

  1. Seems like u love to drink peppermint tea .. Nice ah? I can't start my day without coffee . I take coffee 2 times in the morning. 3.30am and 7.00am. Must be coffee o. Lol. Can't imagine morning without coffee.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Sin Kwang big baos. Always think it better than Fook Hai's.

    ReplyDelete
  3. yatty84 - I love coffee more! Just that I try to cut down on coffee to drink tea instead. Haha ....
    sintaicharles - The problem with Fook Hai is that they aren't consistent with their baos .... no quality control it seems; so sometimes the baos taste good, but more often than not, they seem to be tasteless. What a pity! Because Fook Hai once sold the best tasting baos in Kuching .... but those were the good old days ....

    ReplyDelete

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...