Wednesday, April 1, 2015

GST Has Kicked In

GST has just kicked in over here in Malaysia .... things are no doubt getting more expensive. Lots of people have stocked up food stuff and household items. Well, my parents aren't home, and so I did not stock up much ... I just bought some things that I thought I might need in the coming week.

 So, instead of eating out this evening, I opted to have a homecooked meal. To eat with steamed white rice, I cooked just 2 dishes ....


Simple homecooking

The first dish was just a mix of tofu, shiitake mushrooms, pork and seafood.

Egg tofu, with shiitake mushrooms, pork, prawns and cuttlefish

First, I pan-fried the egg tofu till browned. Then I stir-fried the other ingredients which I had marinated with light soy sauce and sesame oil. When they are slightly cooked, I added water, light soy sauce, oyster sauce, Shaoxing wine, sesame oil and sugar. The mixture is simmered for a little while and then thickened with sweet potato starch. I enjoyed the combination of sauces, which I thought flavoured the dish wonderfully. Though it looked dry .... actually, it was not because of the gravy was hidden in the bowl. Lol. 

Stir-fried Milk Cabbage

When I saw these milk cabbage at the supermarket, I had to buy them. I washed them and simply stir-fried them with garlic and minced dried prawns and a pinch of salt. Yums.

It was a simple, but substantial meal to which I enjoyed lots. Happy. :))

No comments:

Post a Comment

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...