Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Sate Boss Reprised

The man and I headed out to Premier 101. Yeah, we're here at least once a week. But there were many stalls here which we'd not patronised, The man ordered ....

Chicken & Mushroom stew with rice

This was ordered from a stall named "Steam Soup", located just outside the shop named Premier 101 Food Centre. And this stew actually smelled heavenly! I could catch a whiff of the aromatic cooking wine. They had to use a really generous amount for the gravy to be so fragrant. Yums. The gravy had also a slightly thick consistency .... and that made it go quite well with the rice. Not bad. :))

I, on the other hand, just wanted to some satay ..... 

Yummy satay
Beef satay, 0.70 per skewer; Chicken satay, 0.70 per skewer; Lamb satay, 0.80 per skewer

I could not tell which ones were beef and which were lamb at first. Even after I had eaten the satay, I was still unsure of which ones were beef and lamb. Perhaps because the marinade for them were the same ..... so they tasted the same .... hmn .... The man had to help me identify.

If you scrutinize the picture ... the ones on the top (the top left corner) were beef, followed by chicken in the centre, and lamb on the bottom (the right bottom corner). The beef pieces were really tiny, if compared to the chicken and the lamb. The chicken satay looked dry .... so the glossy lamb skewers looked the tastiest of them all.

In fact, the beef and chicken satay were devoid of any fat, yet were tasty and tender. But my favourite tonight, visually and taste wise, were the juicy and smoky lamb chunks on the skewers ....  yums ...


Satay sauce ...

 Sate Boss closes on Monday. :))

No comments:

Post a Comment

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...