Thursday, April 30, 2015

Now RM8.00

Kong Tung? Kwan Tung? Not sure of the English spelling of the name of the shop. In Mandarin it's 广东茶室, a corner shop facing Ang Cheng Ho Road.

Green and red bean drink ... a bit sweet for me, and I don't know how much they cost ...

I'd been here only once, and that was last year. Time flies, and now I'm back here for lunch, and in the post-GST era, the meal now cost RM8.00, a RM1.00 increase from RM7.00 previously. That's a 14.3% increase. The portion of food did not increase. It looked the same as previously. I guess I could only be happy that the portion DID NOT decrease. Lol.

Cantonese Beehoon, RM8.00, served with deep-fried chicken breast, 3 skewers of deep-fried prawns, and a stuffed chicken wing. 

Now, the taste of the beehoon was so-so. To me, it wasn't really that nice. The chicken breast, though marinated, also did not stand out. What I liked though, was the skewers of deep-fried prawns. I loved the crust - so crunchy! - and the juicy and bouncy little prawns inside. Yummy. The fried chicken wing was also good, stuffed with a dollop of minced pork and celery. I ate my food with lots of Nyonya chilli sauce ..... :)) 

There are lots of people at lunch time ... so be prepared to wait for a little while. The kitchen is rather slow in dishing out the food. I do find it an airy and comfy place to eat, though. Even the Kuching City South Mayor was here today. :)) 

2 comments:

  1. I used to eat here as a young girl when my dad operated a shop across it. Loved its fried rice special.

    But since then I have never back to this shop.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't tried the fried rice yet, maybe next round!

    ReplyDelete

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...