Saturday, April 25, 2015

No Wonder No One Eats Here

Whenever you see that a cafe is empty of customers, you must know that there's a reason for it. We were at Brighton Square .... and there was a stretch of eateries there, and all packed with customers except for 1. And that was the 126 Cafe.

Since we wanted to avoid the crowd, we thought we'd try the food there .... and it was a bad decision. The food absolutely disappointed, not worth the amount we paid for. I swore never to come back, and I also felt compelled to share my experience.

 Kopi C and Kopi, RM1.80 per glass
The coffee were passable .... no complaints here on this part.

Then came the laksa ...... 

 Coriander, lime and belacan

The coriander wasn't fresh already, but they were still tolerable. It was when the bowl of laksa was set before me that my blood very well bubbled and boiled. 

 What? For RM7.90? 
Where were the prawns? Not even chicken? Using my chopsticks, I searched and found very, very, very finely, thread-thin chicken breast, rice vermicelli, blanched beansprouts, egg omelette. The dark coloured gravy tasted funny too. Urgghhh. Do you think this was an exclusive case? But come to think of it, exclusive or not, NO PAYING CUSTOMER SHOULD BE SERVED SO SLOPPILY WITH SUCH SHODDY FOOD. GOSH, I AM ANGRY!

Just check out the laksa I had at Sweetie Pie only yesterday. See the quality of laksa at only RM4.00? 

Fried rice and butter chicken, RM6.50 
This looked better than my rice definitely, but still ..... 

Nowadays, everything is expensive .... so when I pay RM7.90 for something, it has to be worth that amount! The picture of the laksa in the menu had prawns. So that was a mere attempt to deceive customers? Being deceived isn't a good feeling, you know .... It was definitely a total rip off. I'd not recommend this cafe to anyone. I for one, am staying away for good.

4 comments:

  1. I had a similar experience in Miri. Ordered a bowl of Laksa, and saw the cook scoop a few spoonfuls of sambal from a container and add water to it. When the laksa was served, I could see some achovies floating on the soup's surface, Apparently the sambal was that of Nasi lemak. It had no shrimps nor omelette strips. I wanted my money back but the stall operator refused to return it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How unscrupulous! Action should be taken against such vendors!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Eeww that is not laksa!!! If I were u , I will call the stall worker and ask them where is the prawn?.I dare to do that ..lol.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, I should have. I did consider, but I did not because I did not see the manager/proprietor there .... the workers were staff, and I thought it would not be fair to scold them. It's the proprietor/manager who needed to be scolded. :))

    ReplyDelete

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...