Saturday, April 18, 2015

Mom's Messages

In this day and age, messages get typed and sent across instantly.There are just too many apps to choose from - be it Whatsapp, Wechat, Messenger, Viber and what not. But Mom doesn't own a mobile phone, what more to say a smart phone. So Mom's been leaving me handwritten messages like these ......

written at the back of the daily calendar page ..

I get one of these when Mom and Dad go take care of Grandma at my Uncle's. They go before I get home from school ... and will only get back past dinner time. Hence, Mom's messages are often to instruct me what to do and to tell me what to eat for dinner .... 

So on the days when I have my lone dinners .... 

Rice, bitter melon with salted egg, and air-fried chicken

I just put everything in a platter and eat in front of the tv ....  

Rice, air-fried chicken, pickled cucumber, prawn in tamarind sauce 

When Mom got home .... she'd check whether I'd follow her instructions .... and to eat what she had told me to eat .... lol :))

2 comments:

  1. You ate so little rice, just like my sister.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah I do. But I can eat a lot of rice too. Especially if they are flavoured like chicken rice, nasi lemak, fried rice, etc ... :))

    ReplyDelete

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...