Saturday, April 11, 2015

KY's Red Kolo Mee

I picked up the folks from the airport and we made it home by 6.30 p.m. .... and since I did not cook dinner (lazy! :P), I went out to take away kolo mee, so that we would have something to eat.

The nearest kolo mee shop to us was KY Cafe at Sekama. Here's another look at the kolo mee.

While I bought the regular kolo mee for the folks, I decided to buy the "red" kolo mee for myself. "Red" means that the noodles would be tossed in red char siew sauce ....

A packet of red kolo mee for me 

The kolo mee here now cost RM3.20 per packet ...

My packet of kolo mee opened up 

Well, KY's kolo mee was good, but certainly not the best in town. That said, I found the red kolo mee to be tastier than the regular version, as the noodles now taste very subtly of char siew, and with a tinge of sweetness too ..... yumm .... even as I am describing it now, I have a craving for the red noodles.

I did not intend to finish my packet of noodles, but ..... once I started slurping strands of the noodles into my mouth, it was a non-stop. Of indulgence and overeating carbs, I am sure to be found GUILTY!!!

Definitely a must-try here in Kuching. :))

No comments:

Post a Comment

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...