Monday, September 15, 2014

KY Cafe

D-Day. By hook or by crook, things had to get done by midnight. D expected to work till midnight. But meanwhile, he was going for a much-needed reprieve. Dinner. D and I went to KY Cafe at Jalan Sekama. I wasn't eating, I was merely accompanying him while he ate ....

D ordered a bowl of glass noodles ....



And after that ..... D could not resist another bowl of kolo mee.


Are you ok? I asked.

Yeah.

Why are you eating so much? Are you stressed?

He said that he needed energy for the brain. Lol.

I had some of the noodles .... and I did like the taste of it. D thought he preferred another stall's kolomee near his workplace. Hmn .... I'll be going to try that sometime next week ....


4 comments:

  1. Have always thought their Charsiew colour is more pink than the mainstream red.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, and I think people prefer their red kolo mee rather than the regular one. Don't you think so? I'm just saying because I saw them dishing out bowls and bowls of red ones .... lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely, their red version is their flagship product. I think most kuchingites would regard it as the famous red kolo mee as well.They also have kueh chap last I checked out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We were put off my the red colouring, but well, I would have to try the red version next. Yes, they have kueh chap and porridge too, I think.

    ReplyDelete

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...