Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Local Cakes @ No. 6 Kopitiam

They sell good kuih or local cakes here at No. 6 Kopitiam. A bit pricey, though. All these .... cost RM10.00. I think they were hardly filling.

RM2.20 per piece
There were 2 pieces here which I cut into 4 bite-sized sections to make it easier to eat. I quite enjoyed the popiah here, which had crunchy vegetables inside; the vegetables were not overcooked, and had a distinct aroma of white pepper; I loved also the balance of flavour ... so that made this popiah quite good indeed. 

The kuih here was RM0.80 per piece; one of the pricier ones in town
But I loved the serimuka or locally known as kuih salad .... it has good texture, was rich and yet not too sweet; I did not try the rest of the items.

Guess that's why people preferred eating rice or noodles .... rather than to eat these kuih. For me, I buy them nearly every weekend. :P




No comments:

Post a Comment

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...