Sunday, September 14, 2014

Interesting Lunch @ Kong Tung Cafe

Deadlines, deadlines.

D's deadlines were looming. I daren't disturb him, lest he unleashed his wrath upon me.

But then ... what the heck. Can you have lunch? I asked.

"Kong Tung Cafe" came the reply.

Yayy, lunch it was.

* * *

I did not know what to order ... the limited menu was on the wall. I scanned the wall .... undecided. And well, decided to let D decide for me. 

He ordered ..... 

Sweet potato drink, RM1.50
Cooling and filling, D said. In fact, I liked the sweet potato drink. I found it interesting, as not many places sold this. 

The beehoon is not bad, D told me. And he ordered that too. 

Stirfry beehoon, RM7.00

The beehoon or rice vermicelli was stirfried with egg and salted fish! What I found interesting were the sides .... there were deep-fried chicken breast slices. The meat looked pale and flavourless .... but in fact, they were beautifully marinated and were so tender to the bite. I liked the chicken slices. On the skewers I thought were satay or deep-fried chicken. But boy, was I wrong! They were in fact prawns! Battered and deep-fried to crispy perfection! I loved the play of crunchy batter and succulent prawns ... yum. Then there's the stuffed chicken wing ...... 

 That's what it looked like after I took a bite .... 
I found the cilantro a tad too overpowering, but otherwise, the meat was juicy and yum. 

In the end, I found lunch to be quite interesting .... seldom, in fact, never had I have my beehoon served with all the works. Interesting, indeed and perhaps looking forward to come back for some other items in the menu. :))

2 comments:

  1. at first glance, this plate of meehoon looks rather bland without any greens...
    The chicken wing, fried stuffs also looks dry...but as I read thru, I realize it is otherwise...the appearance really can tricked us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just found the combination rather interesting. I'd really go back and try the other noodle dishes in the menu.

    ReplyDelete

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...