Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Laksa @ The House 莊家

I met D's friend at lunch. Let's call him DS. He's very friendly and I was glad to know that he's into food, reflexology and massages as well.

Where's the best laksa in Kuching? I asked him.

He likes one at The House 莊家 just next to Wisma Mahmud.

So the next morning, D and I went to The House 莊家 for breakfast. Coincidentally, DS was also there. Lols.

"Not bad huh?" DS asked me after we exchanged pleasantries.

Indeed. The stall named Alfred Laksa really whipped up great laksa. I loved the broth.

Laksa, RM5.00

There are 2 sizes here - large and small. The large bowl sells for RM7.00. The vendor says that he uses bigger prawns for the large bowl, compared to the regular bowl at RM5.00. He also sells "special" for RM10.00. I did not ask what "special" meant.

D could not have laksa any longer cause of his allergy ... so he had the mushroom and chicken noodles.

Mushroom & Chicken Noodles, RM3.00

It looked pretty good ..... but no comments from D at all .... so I did not know at all know the noodles fared. :P

4 comments:

  1. Another ho chiak laksa is at Ming Joo Kee
    Jalan ang Cheng ho. Very best laksa in kuching . Think so. Try it next time. Ok

    ReplyDelete
  2. the mushroom and chicken noodles is so cheap...rm 3? can't believe my eyes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, it was RM3.00. Most noodles like this sells for RM3.00 here.

    ReplyDelete

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...